Oat bran Vanilla muffin mix- 4 pack
100% Natural - No Artificial Sweeteners
Great for Breakfast & A Snack - For the Entire Family!
Made with Dukan Diet oat bran:
- Our Muffin Mixes are made with oat bran produced using Dr. Dukan's proprietary Milling and Sifting Index M2bisB6™. This index allows for a perfect size and purity of bran particles, which increases oat bran's absorptive qualities that help you feel full.
- Oat bran is your best ally while on the diet. Eating oat bran supports heart health, healthy cholesterol levels, and can assist in diabetes prevention. It also makes intestinal transit easier and increases satiety, which can result in weight loss.
Oat Bran Helps Lower Cholesterol
Oat bran contains soluble fiber, which reduces the low-density lipoprotein (LDL), otherwise known as the "bad" cholesterol. The soluble fiber reduces the absorption of cholesterol into the bloodstream. When compared to oatmeal, on average oat bran has 50% more fiber and soluble fiber, making it much more efficient.
Oat Bran Creates a Feeling of Fullness
Once consumed, oat bran enters the digestive tract where its soluble fiber absorbs water and forms a gel-like substance, creating a feeling of fullness. A tablespoon of oat bran, about half an ounce absorbs on average 25 times its volume in liquid, forming a 13 ounce ball.
Oat Bran Slows Down Sugar Absorption
Once ingested, the bolus (the gel-like substance) passes through the gastric acid, bile, and finally the pancreatic juices. This turns the bolus into pulp and reduces it to a mix of elementary chains, fatty acids, amino acids and glucose.
This process both slows down the sugar assimilation and removes calories from the body, thus helping the dieting process.
Lo-Han sweetener, what is it?
Lo-Han is a 100% natural sweetener that comes from monk fruit that traditionally grows in China. For several centuries, Lo Han has been used as both a sweetener and for medicinal properties. It is said to be 300 times sweeter than sugar so very little is typically needed. In the amounts typically used, it is essentially considered to be calorie-free with a negligible glycemic index and load.
Advantages of Lo Han:
Some of its long-standing medicinal uses include: colitis, constipation, coughs, diabetes, diarrhea, digestion, hypoglycemia, longevity, sore throat, stress, sweet cravings, and weight loss. But also:
• Low Glycemic Index: does not cause extreme fluctuations in blood sugar.
• Heat Stable: very stable under high temperature, and can be added to both hot as well as cold foods—suitable for cooking and baking.
• Low Calorie: 2 calories per serving of 2 g (about ½ a teaspoon)
Daily muffins allowed per phase - Starting on Cruise. Who said you had to give-up delectable foods to lose weight?
Being on a diet does not mean giving up delicious foods! We have specifically created this Vanilla Muffin Mix to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Developed and taste tested by the staff—it is definitely one of the team’s favorite items, and we highly recommend the mix. Our vanilla muffin mix is sugar free, meaning that anyone can enjoy a muffin and not feel the weight on their hips!
But what really makes the Dukan Diet Vanilla Muffin Mix so special? Our muffin mix is not only healthy, good for the diet and pleasurable… but it is also made with magic ingredients!
Oat bran, soy protein concentrate, vegetable fiber, dried egg white, whey protein, wheat free cereal fiber, baking powder (calcium phosphate, bicarbonate of soda), soy lecithin, low glycemic monosaccharide, sea salt, low glycemic fruit concentrate (Lo Han), vanilla powder.
How to prepare the Dukan Diet vanilla muffins?
- 1 package muffin mix - yields 12 muffins
- 1 egg white
- 1 large or extra large whole egg
- 1 cup of water
- 6 oz serving (3/4 cup) of nonfat Greek yogurt
Pre-heat oven to 350F. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine muffin mix with yogurt and water. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs for one minute until well beaten, add to the muffin mix, blend well. Spoon the batter into a non stick muffin pan or use paper cups. Bake for 17-19 mn.
Oven temperatures may vary; do not over bake or muffins can become dry. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days in a sealed container. Muffins will keep for up to 2 months if frozen - to defrost, place them in your fridge overnight. When ready to eat, microwave for 15 seconds.